Wavefront supports a number of third-party authentication solutions that use SAML. The SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) standard enables an identity provider (IdP) to pass authorization credentials to service providers (SP). In environments that use SAML, users log in once and authenticate to many different services.
- Self Service SAML SSO is not available for customers who have set up multi-tenant authentication
- Self Service SAML SSO is not available for trial customers
Set Up SAML SSO
- Log in to your Wavefront instance as a user with SAML IDP Admin permissions.
- From the gear icon, select Self Service SAML
- From the Identity Provider pulldown menu, select the identity provider that is in use in your environment.
- Click the Setup Instructions link. The link directs you to the instructions for the provider that you selected.
- Follow the instructions to retrieve the IDP metadata for your identity provider.
- In the Configure Connection field, paste the metadata and click Test.
- If the test was successful, the Save button becomes available and you can click Save.