As a Wavefront administrator you can perform a variety of tasks, such as:
- Manage the authorization and access to the Wavefront environment.
- Select the authentication model in your environment. For example by setting up SSO using an identity provider (IdP).
- Monitor and troubleshoot the Wavefront environment and usage.
As an administrator, you can:
- Invite users, assign roles to users or add the users to groups to grant permissions.
- Create roles that are set of permissions and assign the role to one or more users.
- Create groups and give all members of the group a set of permissions by assigning a role.
- Manage user accounts and service accounts.
- Protect individual dashboards or alerts and grant access only to selected groups or accounts.
- Protect metrics or groups of metrics using metrics security policy rules.
You can select your preferred authentication method for your environment by setting up single sign-on using an identity provider (IdP), so that users can log in by using SSO instead of a user name and password. Wavefront authentication integrations use SAML and fully support two-factor authentication (managed by individual identity providers). In single-tenant authentication environment, you can set up or update self-service SAML SSO. You can also set up multi-tenancy, which is configured jointly by you – the Wavefront administrator at the customer site, and the Wavefront team.
Monitor and Troubleshoot
You can use the Wavefront Usage integration dashboards to monitor and troubleshoot your Wavefront environment. By using the dashboards in this integration, you can:
- Get usage information for your Wavefront instance and Wavefront proxy.
- Drill down into the metrics namespaces to discover trends.
- Examine the points per second (PPS) usage based on predefined ingestion policies.
- See whether the ingested metrics are at 95% of the committed rate and optionally get alerts if that happens.
- In addition, you can create your own dashboards, charts, and alerts by using the internal metrics to investigate the problem.