Integrations are one easy way to get data from external systems into Tanzu Observability by Wavefront. Use one of the built-in integrations and customize it as needed.
We update our integrations release notes on a monthly basis.
Watch a Video
In this video, Jason talks about the different integrations we have, and how you can use them to get your data into Tanzu Observability. You can also watch the video here .
Try an Integration!
Sign up for a trial version to try our integrations. Detailed setup steps for each integration are in the product.
Here’s a sample of what you see when you select one of our integrations:
- The Overview tab explains how the integration works and what’s included, often a sample dashboard with commonly used charts.
- The Setup tab has instructions for configuring the integration.
- The Metrics and Dashboard tabs are preconfigured to show your metrics after you’ve set up the integration. You can clone and customize our dashboards.
- The Alerts tab is an optional one. It contains a list of preconfigured integration alerts.
Here’s a screenshot that shows the different tabs of the Apache Solr integration.
Built-In and Custom Integrations
Tanzu Observability lets you set up many integrations directly from the product. For other integrations, we give step-by-step instructions – or you can send your data in other ways, for example, using the Telegraf output plug-in.
Built-in integrations provide assisted installation and configuration. Many integrations also install a dashboard for you. Access the integration by clicking Integrations on the toolbar and clicking the Setup tab.
Customizable built-in integrations provide a built-in integration for the initial connection, with additional customization information in this documentation.
Custom integrations provide installation and configuration instructions in this documentation.
This table provides links to the documentation pages for many of the custom and customizable integrations:
|Customizable built-in integrations||AWS Metrics Integration, Amazon Web Services ECS, AWS Lambda Functions, Log Data – FileBeat and TCP|
|Custom integrations - collectd||Apache collectd, Cassandra collectd, MySQL collectd, NGINX collectd, Redis collectd, ZooKeeper collectd|
External (Open-Source) Integrations
Our customers have started to make open-source integrations available on GitHub.
Our first external integration sends AlertSite monitoring results to Tanzu Observability and is available at https://github.com/secureworks/AlertSite2Wavefront.
We’re excited about this contribution and hope to see more soon!
Installing and Uninstalling Integration Dashboards
You can install and uninstall the system integration dashboards.
- Click Integrations.
- Click the integration tile.
- Click the Dashboards tab.
- Click [Install | Uninstall] Dashboards.
Cloning and Customizing Dashboards
You cannot modify the system dashboards. Instead, you must clone the dashboards.
- Click the ellipsis icon in the top right corner of the dashboard.
- Select Clone.
- Provide a URL string that’s just the name (e.g.,
dashboard-name-clone) and not the URL (e.g.,
- Customize the clone to suit your needs.
Installing and Uninstalling Integration Alerts
Some integrations contain system alerts. You can install and uninstall the predefined integration alerts or preview them before setting up the integration.
- Click Integrations.
- Click the integration tile.
- Click the Alerts tab.
- Click [Install All| Uninstall All].
Editing and Cloning the Integration Alerts
To edit the targets of the integration alerts, you must have the Alerts permission. If you edit the system integration alerts and then reinstall them, all of the changes that you’ve made are reverted back to their original state.
To make further customizations, clone the alert first.
- Select Alerting > All Alerts from the toolbar.
- Click the ellipsis icon next to the alert that you want to clone, and select Clone.
- Enter a name of the new alert and click Clone.
After you clone an alert, snooze the original system integration alert to avoid running a duplicate version of the alert. For more information about cloning and editing alerts, see Manage Alerts.
The Integrations page reports integration states depending on two factors:
- Whether metrics ever reported and whether they reported in the last 2 hours or in the last 7 days.
- The state of content installation, such as installed, never installed, or uninstalled.
The supported states are:
- Active - integrations whose metrics are reporting and user has installed or uninstalled content.
- Available - integrations whose metrics never reported and content has been never installed or integrations that don’t have metrics.
- Warning - integrations whose metrics never reported and have no installed content.
- Error - integrations whose metrics reported within the last 7 days but have stop reporting for 2 hours and have installed content.
- Pending - integrations whose metrics are yet to start reporting.
- Alias - integrations that are supported by another integration.
You can also filter integrations with the following saved searches:
- New Integrations - integrations that have metrics reporting for at most two hours and have installed content.
- Installed Integrations - integrations in the Active, Warning, or Error state. An integration can be in one of these states even if content has been uninstalled.
When you hover over an integration, the integration border in the UI changes and you see indicators based on the current state. For example, the following integration is in the Warning state because metrics have stopped reporting in the past month and content is installed.
- Don’t see the integration you are looking for? Have a look at Set Up Data Ingestion and at Data Format.
- On our Tanzu Observability pages we have several blog posts with use cases and background info: