Integrations are one easy way to get data from external systems into the Wavefront service. This documentation includes a complete, up-to-date list of Wavefront integrations and a page of new and updated integrations that we update monthly. Many integrations are accessible directly from the product; for others, you follow some simple steps in this document.
In-Product and Custom Integrations
Wavefront lets you set up many integrations directly from the product. For other integrations, we give step-by-step instructions – or you can send your data to Wavefront in other ways, for example, using the Telegraf output plugin for Wavefront.
In-product integrations provide assisted installation and configuration. Many integrations also install a dashboard for you. Access the integration by selecting Integrations from the menu bar and click the Setup tab.
For some data sources, for example Amazon AWS, we offer an integration for the initial connection and give customization information in this documentation.
Custom integrations provide installation and configuration instructions in this documentation.
To customize an in-product integration or set up a custom integration, click one of the links below, or pick the integration from the Table of Contents on the left.
|In-Product Integration Customization||AWS Metrics Integration,Amazon Web Services ECS, Log Data – FileBeat and TCP|
|Data Collector Integrations||AppDynamics, JMX, NewRelic, External links, R|
|collectd Integrations||Apache collectd, Cassandra collectd, MySQL collectd, NGINX collectd, Redis collectd, ZooKeeper collected|
The Integrations page reports integration state depending on two factors:
- Whether metrics ever reported and whether they reported in the last 2 hours or in the last 7 days.
- The state of content installation: never installed, installed, uninstalled.
The supported states are:
- Active - integrations whose metrics are reporting and installed or uninstalled content.
- Available - integrations whose metrics never reported and never installed content or integrations that don’t have metrics.
- Warning - integrations whose metrics never reported and installed content.
- Error - integrations whose metrics reported within the last 7 days but have stop reporting for 2 hours and installed content.
You can filter integrations by state or with the following saved searches:
- New Integrations - integrations that have metrics reporting for at most two hours and have installed content
- Installed Integrations - integrations in the Active, Warning, or Error state. An integration can be in one of these states even if content has been uninstalled.
When you hover over an integration, Wavefront colors the integration border and displays indicators based on the current state:
|Content||Active||Warning or Error|
For example the following integration is in the Error state because metrics have reported within the last 7 days but have stopped reporting in the past 2 hours and content is installed.
Installing and Uninstalling Integration Dashboards
You can install and uninstall dashboards from Featured and Data Collector integrations.
- Click Integrations.
- Click the integration tile.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click [Install | Uninstall] Dashboards.
Cloning and Customizing Dashboards
You cannot modify Wavefront system dashboards. Instead, click the Edit (pen) icon, select Clone, and provide a URL string that’s just the name (e.g.
mydashboard) and not the URL (e.g.
http://mydashboard). You can then customize the clone to suit your needs.