Release Notes for different Wavefront proxy versions.
This page gives an overview of important changes for the most recent Wavefront proxy releases.
- For details, see the Wavefront proxy github page.
- For information on earlier changes, see the Wavefront Proxy Release Notes Archive
- Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
- New proxy preprocessor rule
- Proxy version 5.1 had an issue with brand new non-containerized installs due to incorrect default location for buffer files. This release fixes that problem.
This version includes support for the following new functionality:
- Support for span logs. Both proxy version 5.1 and Wavefront service version 2019.30 or later are required for span logs.
- Delta counter aggregation at the proxy. Previously, only the service performed delta counter aggregation.
addfunctionality when sending SourceTag or SourceDescription directly to the proxy.
- Hot reload for proxy preprocessor rules. Proxy checks for changes to the file every 5 seconds, so proxy restart is no longer required.
- Several bug fixes and improvements related to ingestion and tracing.
- Wavefront histogram support for log ingestion
- Support HTTP payloads for raw log ingestion
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Generate RED metrics from tracing spans.
- First class integration for Zipkin. Anyone using Zipkin can substitute a Wavefront proxy for the Zipkin HTTP collector to send data to Wavefront.
- Fixes minor Jaeger integration issues.
- Support for trace sampling.
- First class integration for Jaeger. Anyone using Jaeger can point their agent to the Wavefront proxy instead of the Jaeger collector to send data to Wavefront.