You can disable alert checking:
- To disable alert checking, you can snooze an alert.
- To disable alert checking for a set of sources or alerts during a custom time window you can create a maintenance window.
Snoozing and Unsnoozing Alerts
You can silence an alert so it doesn’t fire even if the condition is met. You can do this by snoozing an alert. Wavefront allows you to snooze one or more alerts for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 6 hours, 1 day, 1 week, or Forever. If you choose Forever, the alert is snoozed until it is unsnoozed.
To snooze one or more alerts:
- Check the check boxes next to the desired alert(s).
- To snooze the alerts, click the Snooze dropdown, select the desired duration, and click OK.
- To unsnooze the alerts, click Snooze > Unsnooze.
To snooze or unsnooze a single alert:
- Select Snooze > <Duration> at the far left of the alert to snooze it.
- Select Snooze > Unsnooze at the far left of the alert to unsnooze it.
Using Maintenance Windows
A maintenance window is a time window when disruptive operations occur as a result of system maintenance or testing. During operations like that, it’s pretty likely that alerts fire. You can set up a maintenance window to prevent affected alerts from firing.
You can close (end) maintenance windows before they are due to end and you can make them longer.
To view and manage maintenance windows, select Browse > Maintenance Windows.
Creating a Maintenance Window
To create a maintenance window:
- Click Alerts or Browse > Maintenance Windows.
- Click the Create Maintenance Window button located at the top of the filter bar.
Fill in the maintenance window properties:
Property Description Name The name of the maintenance window. Description Additional information about the maintenance window. Information entered into this field appears directly below the maintenance window in the Maintenance Windows browser. Start Time The start time of the maintenance window:
- Now - The maintenance window starts immediately.
- - The maintenance window starts on the specified date and time. Click the text field and choose a date and time or type a date and time in the format MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM [AM|PM].
End Time The end time of the maintenance window. The end time must be after the start time. Click the text field and choose a date and time or type a date and time in the format MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM [AM|PM]. Affected Alerts and Sources The alerts and sources to suppress during the maintenance window. All alerts that have tags in the Alert Tags field are suppressed. An alert is suppressed if at least one of sources identified by the Source Tags and Sources fields causes the alert condition to be met. You must configure at least one alert tag, source, or source tag.
- Click Save.
Managing Maintenance Windows
You can extend the duration of a maintenance window or close the window before it is scheduled to finish. To extend or close one or more maintenance windows:
- Select Browse > Maintenance Windows.
- Check the checkboxes next to the maintenance windows.
- Click the Extend dropdown and select the desired duration or click the Close button.
- Click the confirmation.
To extend the duration of a single maintenance window, select Extend > Duration at the far right of the window.
To close, edit, or delete a single maintenance window, select > [Close | Edit | Delete] at the far right of the window.