A maintenance window is a time window when disruptive operations occur as a result of system maintenance or testing. These disruptive operations create a high likelihood of causing alerts to fire. A maintenance window allows you to identify when maintenance is scheduled and prevent affected alerts from firing.
You can close (end) maintenance windows before they are due to end and you can extend the end time by various increments.
To view and manage maintenance windows, select Browse > Maintenance Windows.
Creating a Maintenance Window
To create a maintenance window:
- Click Alerts or Browse > Maintenance Windows.
- Click the Create Maintenance Window button located at the top of the filter bar.
Fill in the maintenance window properties:
Property Description Name The name of the maintenance window. Description Additional information about the maintenance window. Information entered into this field appears directly below the maintenance window in the Maintenance Windows browser. Start Time The start time of the maintenance window:
- Now - The maintenance window starts immediately.
- - The maintenance window starts on the specified date and time. Click the text field and choose a date and time or type a date and time in the format MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM [AM|PM].
End Time The end time of the maintenance window. The end time must be after the start time. Click the text field and choose a date and time or type a date and time in the format MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM [AM|PM]. Affected Alerts and Sources The alerts and sources to suppress during the maintenance window. All alerts that have tags in the Alert Tags field are suppressed. An alert is suppressed if at least one of sources identified by the Source Tags and Sources fields causes the alert condition to be met. You must configure at least one alert tag, source, or source tag.
- Click Save.
Extending, Closing, Editing, and Deleting Maintenance Windows
You can extend the duration of a maintenance window or close the window before it is scheduled to finish. To extend or close one or more maintenance windows:
- Select Browse > Maintenance Windows.
- Check the checkboxes next to the maintenance windows.
- Click the Extend dropdown and select the desired duration or click the Close button.
- Click the confirmation.
To extend the duration of a single maintenance window, select Extend > Duration at the far right of the window.
To close, edit, or delete a single maintenance window, select > [Close | Edit | Delete] at the far right of the window.