This page lists new and updated features in the Wavefront service.
- For Wavefront Proxy, your go-to place is the Wavefront proxy github page. On that page, you can see releases in progress and GA versions. If proxy changes are important for the service, we update this doc set, for example, with new configuration parameters, ports, etc.
- For the latest changes and releases of the Wavefront Integrations, see the Integrations Release Notes.
- For Observability for Kubernetes, go to the release notes for Wavefront Collector for Kubernetes GitHub repository.
2021-28.x Release Notes
- Anomaly Detection on Charts: With this release, we deprecate the support of AI Genie and replace it with the new Anomaly Detection feature, which is available for Line Plot chats.
Note: This feature is rolled out to customers incrementally in the next few weeks
- Turn anomaly detection on and off.
- Explore all anomalies, which are highlighted in a different manner depending on their size.
- Select a specific anomaly.
- Create alerts by using the
anomalous ()function, but note, that you must do that with caution, because queries with the
anomalous()function are resource intensive.
For example, in the line plot below you can see large and small anomalies. Large anomalies are highlighted with square purple borders and small anomalies are highlighted with cycle purple borders.
- Delete Alert Target Improvements: Previously, alert targets could not be deleted if alert target was in used by an alert. Users can now click Delete Notificant to delete the alert target even if it is in use by alerts. That action removes the target from any alerts.
- Accessibility Improvements: Additional improvements to color selector options on different product pages.
2021-27.x Release Notes
- PromQL Compatibility Improvements: Miscellaneous improvements. For example, the
variance()functions now work as expected.
- New Doc Page: Monitor Tanzu Mission Control with Wavefront
2021-26.x Release Notes
In addition to the already existing keyboard navigation for some of the Wavefront UI pages, now we have support for end-to-end keyboard navigation for the following UI pages:
- Create a dashboard wizard
- Chart page
- Integrations list page
- Kubernetes integration page
- Sources Browser pages
- Maintenance Windows page
- User profile page
- Metrics Browser page
We have also improved drag-and-drop keyboard navigation when you create or edit charts, or when you create or edit a metrics security policy. To use the drag-and-drop navigation:
- To enter drag mode, press spacebar.
- Use the arrow keys to move the item, for example a query line.
- Press spacebar to drop the item in its new position.
You can rearrange:
- Query lines
- Functions within a query line in Query Builder
- List values when you add variables to a dashboard
- Metrics Security Policy rules
Colors in all charts and dashboards, including service and operational dashboards, as well as Amazon Web Services dashboards, now support colorblind accessibility. Random chart colors are theme-specific. We also redesigned the color picker with a new color palette that is different for dark and light UI theme.
Azure AD Integration Improvements: Updated the setup and the setup instructions of the Azure AD Integration. You can now easily set up the Azure AD integration yourself without the need to contact our support team, so that users can authenticate to Wavefront through Azure AD instead of using a password.
Note: We have a corresponding direct ingestion metric for each metric. For example, corresponding to