You manage your Wavefront account from the gear icon in the top right corner. From there, all users can manage passwords and configure preferences. Users in a multi-tenant environment who have been invited to more than one tenant can also switch tenants from the gear icon.
Managing Your Password
You can change your password. You can reset a forgotten password if your account is managed by Wavefront, for example, during a trial.
Changing Your Password
To change your password:
- Log in to your Wavefront instance.
- Click the gear icon on the task bar and select your username.
- Click the Change Password link and make the change.
Resetting a Forgotten Password
To reset a forgotten password:
- Browse to your Wavefront instance URL and click the Forgot Password link.
- Follow the prompts to reset the password.
Configuring User Preferences and Viewing Permissions
In your user profile, you can configure several preferences, for example, select our dark theme or chart title size. You can also view your permissions. If you can’t perform certain tasks such as user management, you might not have permissions.
- Click the gear icon on the task bar and select your username. Your user profile displays.
- Change preferences in the User Information section.
- View the permissions assigned to your account in the Permissions section.
- To request additional permissions, contact the Wavefront administrator at your site or a user with User Management permission.