PingOne® for Enterprise is a Single Sign-on (SSO) solution that enables enterprises to give their users federated access to applications with a single click from any browser or mobile device.
After you’ve completed the Wavefront integration for PingOne for Enterprise setup, all users in your enterprise that can authenticate to PingOne for Enterprise can also log in to your Wavefront instance. What those users can do depends on their permission. All users are in the Everyone group and have, at a minimum, view permissions for dashboards and alerts. Additional permissions depend on the Permissions setup in your Wavefront instance. See Roles, Groups, and Permissions.
After setting up the PingOne integration, users can authenticate to Wavefront through PingOne instead of using a password. New users who did not exist in Wavefront are auto-created on the Wavefront side when they authenticate for the first time.
Step 1. Adding a Web Application to PingOne Catalog
- Log in to PingOne, click the Applications tab.
- Under My Applications, click Add Application, and click New SAML Application on the menu.
- On the Definition page, create a new application by providing values for following settings:
- Application Name -
- Application Description -
- Category - Information Technology.
Graphics - Save the Wavefront logo:
Browse to the logo file and upload.
- Click Continue to Next Step.
- Application Name -
- On the Configuration page, enter the application configuration details:
- Protocol Version - Select SAML 2.0 from the list.
- Assertion Consumer Service - https://YOUR_CLUSTER.wavefront.com:443/api/saml/login/
- Entity ID - https://YOUR_CLUSTER.wavefront.com:443
- Signing Algorithm - RSA_SHA256
- Click Continue to Next Step
- Review the configuration details and click Save & Exit.
- Go back to My Applications and enable the application.
- Click the right arrow button near the provider and download the SAML metadata.
Step 2. Send the Identity Provider Metadata to Wavefront and Complete the Setup
- Log in to your Wavefront instance as a user with
SAML IdP Adminpermissions.
- From the gear icon in the top right corner, select Self Service SAML.
- From the Identity Provider drop-down menu, select PingOne.
- Paste the downloaded metadata from Step 1 into the Configure Connection text box.
- To validate the metadata, click Test. The PingOne login page opens in a new browser window.
- Log in to PingOne.
After the login is successful, click the Save button.
Note: The Save button is disabled until you’ve completed a test successfully.