Okta is a popular identity management product that can be integrated with Wavefront to enable single sign-on.
Step 1. Create the Okta Application
- In Okta, click Add Applications.
- Click Create New App.
- In the Create a New Application dialog, select SAML 2.0 and click Create.
- In the App name field, type Wavefront.
Right-click and save the Wavefront logo:
- In the App logo field, browse to the logo file and click Upload Logo.
- Click Next.
- Enter the following SAML settings:
- Single sign on URL - https://YOUR_CLUSTER.wavefront.com/api/saml/login
- Use this for Recipient URL and Destination URL - Checked
- Audience URI (SP Entity ID) - https://YOUR_CLUSTER.wavefront.com
- Default RelayState - <LEAVE BLANK>
- Name ID Format - EmailAddress
- Application username - Email
- Click Next.
- In the Are you customer or partner? field, select I’m an Okta customer adding an internal app.
- In the App type field, select This is an internal app that we have created.
- Click Finish.
In the application Sign On tab, right-click the Identity Provider metadata link and select Copy Link.
Step 2. Send Identity Provider Metadata to Wavefront
- Send the link to email@example.com with a request to set up Okta integration for Wavefront. We’ll notify you as soon as we’ve done this. At that point the users would authenticate to Wavefront through Okta instead of using a password. Any new user that comes along that did not yet exist in Wavefront would just get auto-created on the Wavefront side on first authentication.