Learn about the Google Integration.
Google SSO Integration
Wavefront supports authentication via SAML including Google SSO.
Google SSO Setup
After setting up the Google SSO integration, users can authenticate to Wavefront through Google SSO instead of using a password. New users who did not exist in Wavefront are auto-created on the Wavefront side when they authenticate for the first time.
Step 1. Create the SAML Application
- In Google, create a SAML App for Wavefront within Google IDP (settings described below, following the instructions in Set up your own SAML app).
Here are the service provider details settings that you need:
- Application Name: Wavefront
- Description: Optional
- ACS URL* : https://YOUR_CLUSTER.wavefront.com:443/api/saml/login
- Entity ID*: https://YOUR_CLUSTER.wavefront.com:443
- Start URL: leave blank
- Signed Response: Unchecked
- Name ID: Basic Information, Primary Email
- Name ID Format: UNSPECIFIED
You do not need the optional Attribute Mapping.
Step 2. Send the Identity Provider Metadata to Wavefront and Complete the Setup
- Log in to your Wavefront instance as a user with
SAML IdP Adminpermissions.
- From the gear icon in the top right corner, select Self Service SAML.
- From the Identity Provider drop-down menu, select G-Suite.
- Paste the downloaded metadata from Step 1 into the Configure Connection text box.
- To validate the metadata, click Test. The G-Suite login page opens in a new browser window.
- Log in to G-Suite.
After the login is successful, click the Save button.
Note: The Save button is disabled until you’ve completed a test successfully.