Webhooks allow your application to send out information using HTTP callbacks. Wavefront supports webhooks through the Webhook alert target. You can use an alert target to send notifications that are based on alert trigger conditions.
Step 1. Create a Webhook Alert Target
- In Wavefront, create an alert target.
- Give the alert target a meaningful name.
- In the Triggers field, select the alert state changes that should trigger the notification. See Creating an Alert Target.
- Make sure the Type is Webhook.
Paste the application’s notification URL into the URL field.
- In the content type field, select
- Select Alert Target POST Body Template > TEMPLATE > Webhook Default.
- Customize the template.
- Click Save. The webhook alert target is added to the Alert Targets page.
- In the Name column, note the ID of the alert target under the alert target description.
Step 2. Add the Alert Target to an Alert
- In Wavefront, open the Alerts browser.
- If you have an alert, locate the alert and click the alert name to open the Edit Alert screen. Otherwise, create an alert. For help, see Creating an Alert.
Scroll down to the Target List field.
- Enter the alert target ID into the Alert Target field.
- Select the alert target from the dropdown list to add the list of targets.
- Click Save.