VMware Tanzu™ Kubernetes Grid™ Integration
VMware Tanzu™ Kubernetes Grid™ Integrated Edition, previously called VMware PKS, enables operators to provision, operate, and manage enterprise-grade Kubernetes clusters. This integration uses the wavefront-kubernetes-collector, which runs natively in Kubernetes. The integration collects detailed metrics about the containers, namespaces, nodes, pods, deployments, services and the cluster itself. See VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integration Details for a list of predefined alerts, an architecture overview, and troubleshooting info.
This integration explains how to configure Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition monitoring with Wavefront from the PKS tile present in PCF Ops Manager. After you’ve completed the integration setup, you can use Wavefront to monitor the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition cluster.
In addition to setting up the metrics flow, this integration also installs a dashboard. Here’s a preview of the Summary dashboard.
VMware Tanzu™ Kubernetes Grid™ Integrated Edition Setup
Supported Version: VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition 1.9 and later. See the Documentation for details.
- For VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition 1.4 through 1.8, see VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition (Archived).
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition was previously called VMware PKS. For setup instructions for VMware PKS 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 versions, log in to the Wavefront instance and see VMware PKS (Archived).
Configuring the Wavefront Account
- Log in to PCF Ops Manager and click the Pivotal Container Service tile in Installation Dashboard.
- Under the Settings tab, click Monitoring.
- In the right pane, check Yes to enable Wavefront Integration and enter the account information:
- Wavefront URL:
- API Token:
- NOTE: Refer Generating an API Token for generating a token.
- Wavefront Alert Recipient:
A list of Email addresses &/or Wavefront Target IDs
- Wavefront URL:
- Click the Errands tab and enable the Create pre-defined Wavefront alerts errand and the Delete pre-defined Wavefront alerts errand.
- Click Save to save the Wavefront configuration.
- Navigate back to the Installation dashboard and click Apply Changes.
Wavefront monitoring will be active for any cluster that is created after you have saved the configuration settings and applied the changes.