OpsGenie is a popular incident management platform. You can use Wavefront alerts to trigger OpsGenie incidents of different severities (info, smoke, warn, severe). Wavefront can also let OpsGenie know when an alert has stopped firing to mark the incident as resolved within the OpsGenie timeline.
You can use Webhooks to integrate Wavefront alerts with OpsGenie. Here’s an example of an alert notifications sent to OpsGenie:
Step 1. Add Wavefront Integration in OpsGenie
- Log in to your OpsGenie account.
- Go to the OpsGenie Wavefront Integration page.
- In the Teams field, specify the person to receive the Wavefront alert notification.
- Copy the Webhook URL.
- Click Save Integration.
Step 2. Create an OpsGenie Alert Target in Wavefront
- In Wavefront, create an alert target.
- Give the alert target a meaningful name.
- In the Triggers field, select the alert state changes that should trigger the notification. See Creating an Alert Target.
- Make sure the Type is Webhook.
Paste the application’s notification URL into the URL field.
- In the Content Type field, select application/json.
- Select Alert Target POST Body Template > TEMPLATE > Webhook Default.
- Customize the template. See the Wavefront doc for details.
- Click Save. The alert target is added to the Alert Targets page.
- In the Name column, note the ID of the alert target under the alert target description.
Step 3. Add the OpsGenie Alert Target to an Alert
- In Wavefront, open the Alerts browser.
- If you have an alert, locate the alert and click the alert name to open the Edit Alert screen. Otherwise, create an alert. For help, see Creating an Alert.
Scroll down to the Target List field.
- Enter the alert target ID into the Alert Target field.
- Select the alert target from the dropdown list to add the list of targets.
- Click Save.