Azure AD Integration
Azure AD is a popular identity management product that can be integrated with Wavefront to enable single sign-on.
Azure AD Setup
Step 1. Run the Azure AD Wizard
An Azure AD Premium subscription is required.
- Sign in to the Azure Portal as a Global Administrator or Co-admin.
- Click More services at the bottom of the main navigation menu on the left to open the Azure Active Directory Extension.
- Search for “Azure Active Directory” in the search filter box and select the Azure Active Directory item.
- Click Enterprise Applications in the navigation menu on the left and click Add.
- Click Non-gallery application in the Add your own app section.
Wavefrontas the application name and click Add.
- Select the Wavefront application and click Single sign-on in the navigation menu on the left.
- Select SAML-based Sign-on in the Mode pulldown menu.
- In the Identifier field enter
- In the Reply URL field, enter
- Select user.mail from the User Identifier pulldown menu in the User Attributes section.
- Download the metadata XML file from the SAML Signing Certificate section.
- In the Notification Email section, enter the email address of the person or group that maintains the SSO integration at your company.
- Click Save at the top to save your changes.
Step 2. Send Identity Provider Metadata to Wavefront
- Send the metadata XML file that you saved earlier to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to set up Azure AD integration for Wavefront.
After we’ve completed the setup, users can authenticate to Wavefront through Azure AD instead of using a password. New Azure AD users are auto-created on the Wavefront side when they authenticate for the first time.