Azure AD Integration
Azure AD is a popular identity management product that can be integrated with Wavefront to enable single sign-on.
Azure AD Setup
After setting up the Azure AD integration, users can authenticate to Wavefront through Azure AD instead of using a password. New users who did not exist in Wavefront are auto-created on the Wavefront side when they authenticate for the first time.
Step 1. Run the Azure AD Wizard
An Azure AD Premium subscription is required.
- Sign in to the Azure Portal as a Global Administrator or Co-admin.
- On the Home page, click Azure Active Directory.
- From the navigation menu on the left, select Enterprise Applications and click New Application.
- To go to the app library, click the Info bar.
- Click Non-gallery application.
Wavefrontas the application name and click Add.
- Select the Wavefront application and click Single sign-on in the navigation menu on the left.
- From the Mode drop-down menu, select SAML-based Sign-on.
- In the Identifier field enter
- In the Reply URL field, enter
- Select user.mail from the User Identifier pulldown menu in the User Attributes section.
- Download the metadata XML file from the SAML Signing Certificate section.
- In the Notification Email section, enter the email address of the person or group that maintains the SSO integration at your company.
- Click Save at the top to save your changes.
Step 2. Send the Identity Provider Metadata to Wavefront and Complete the Setup
Wavefront version 2021.26 and later
- Log in to your Wavefront instance as a user with
SAML IdP Adminpermissions.
- From the gear icon in the top right corner, select Self Service SAML.
- From the Identity Provider drop-down menu, select Azure AD.
- Paste the downloaded metadata from Step 1 into the Configure Connection text box.
- To validate the metadata, click Test. The Azure AD login page opens in a new browser window.
- Log in to Azure AD.
After the login is successful, click the Save button.
Note: The Save button is disabled until you’ve completed a test successfully.
Wavefront version 2021.25 and earlier
- Send the metadata XML file to email@example.com with a request to set up the Azure AD integration for Wavefront. As soon as we’ve set up the integration, you will receive a notification from us.