Microsoft Azure Integration
The Microsoft Azure integration enables monitoring Azure with Wavefront and offers pre-defined dashboards and alert conditions.
Wavefront ingests Microsoft Azure metrics using the Azure Monitor APIs. For details on the metrics that the API supports, see the documentation.
Metrics originating from Microsoft Azure are prefixed with
azure. within Wavefront. After you set up the integration, you can browse the available metrics in the metrics browser.
Wavefront provides Microsoft Azure dashboards for the following services:
- Azure: Application Gateways
- Azure: App Service
- Azure: Container Instances
- Azure: Cosmos DB
- Azure: Event Hub
- Azure: Files
- Azure: Functions
- Azure: HDInsight Cluster
- Azure: Kubernetes Services
- Azure: Load Balancers
- Azure: Redis Caches
- Azure: Storage Accounts
- Azure: SQL Databases
- Azure: SQL Datawarehouse
- Azure: Summary
- Azure: Virtual Machine
- Azure: Virtual Machine Scale Set
Here’s a preview of the Virtual Machine dashboard:
Microsoft Azure Integrations
Add a Microsoft Azure Cloud Integration
Adding a Microsoft Azure cloud integration requires establishing a trust relationship between Azure and Wavefront.
- Click How to get the Directory ID, How to get the Application ID, and How to get the Application Secret to see the list of steps.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the left to establish the trust relationship.
The process first creates an Azure Active Directory application that represents Wavefront inside Azure. Then you retrieve information for that application, and paste it into the form on the far left to complete the trust setup.