Sometimes you will find an existing chart that you want to add to your own dashboard. For example, you might want to start building your own dashboards by reusing charts from an introductory dashboard. This document explains how to clone a chart and add it to a new or existing dashboard. The following process does not remove the selected chart from its current dashboard, but clones the chart and adds the clone to the new or existing dashboard:
- Identify the chart to add to your new or existing dashboard.
Open the chart by clicking the chart name in the upper-right corner of the chart.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the chart page to the Save To section. There are two options available under the Save To section.
- If you haven’t yet created the dashboard you want to assign the selected chart to, click Create Dashboard. The Create New Dashboard dialog displays.
- Specify a dashboard URL and name as described in Managing Dashboards.
- Click Create.
- If the dashboard you want to apply the selected chart to already exist, click Choose Dashboard….
- Start entering in the name of the dashboard that you’d like the selected chart to be applied to. As you do, a drop down list matching all existing dashboard will appear.
- Select a dashboard from the list. If you don’t see your dashboard in the list, then go to the All Dashboards page and confirm the name of your dashboard.
- Click Insert. The selected dashboard opens in edit mode. The chart you selected displays at the top of the dashboard under a section titled Incoming Chart.
- Click and drag the cloned chart to the section/row of your choice.
- Click Save at the top of the dashboard.