Learn about new and updated features in the Wavefront 8.x release.
The Wavefront 8.x release provides a number of dashboard, documentation, and UI improvements:
- Wavefront dashboards
Note: All dashboards provided by Wavefront are now read-only. If you want to make changes to a Wavefront-provided dashboard you can clone it, providing a new dashboard URL, and then make changes to the clone.
- The introductory and system dashboards have been updated and new demo dashboards have been added to your instance. For further info on these dashboards, see Getting Started Dashboards and Monitoring the Health of a Wavefront Instance.
- All Wavefront dashboards now have tags in the wavefront.* hierarchy. The dashboards have the following name and tagging conventions:
- Demo: <Name> - wavefront.tour
- Intro: <Name> - wavefront.tutorial
- Wavefront Internal Metrics - wavefront.system
If you already had these dashboards and you have edited them, we save a copy of your edited dashboards and add “-clone” to the URL and “ (Cloned)” to the name.
- Various improvements to the “Populate your Data” flow
- AWS cloud integration
- Dashboards - After adding an AWS cloud integration, newly updated AWS dashboards—Overall, Billing, EBS Storage, Instance Storage, and Network—are added to your instance. These dashboards provide insight into AWS usage, enabling you to control your costs and maximize utilization of AWS services.
- Metrics - The aggregations average, minimum, maximum, samplecount, and sum are now available for all metrics and are enabled by default. The
aws.instance.pricemetric now has a point tag,
operatingSystem, to indicate whether the AWS instance is running Windows or Linux.
- A new Help panel at the right side bar on every page streamlines the on-boarding process for new Wavefront users. The help panel does not display when the browser is less than 1280px wide. You access the help panel by clicking the in the far right .
- The dashboard documentation now covers how to clone and deploy dashboards.
- In the UI, the term “Proxy” is now used instead of “Agent”