Query Language Enhancements
- New function globalFilter(). This function is similar to retainSeries(), but filters are pushed all the way into the inner ts()/hs() expressions. That means you can use
globalFilter()to filter data pre-aggregation.
- New function join() that is modeled after the SQL JOIN operation. Use the function to see relationships among your time series to build full stack correlations.
- Function atEpoch() is now documented.
This release supports several tracing improvements.
Overview Pages for Application and Service Status
Selecting Applications > Application Status now takes you to a searchable page that provides RED metrics for each of your instrumented applications:
Clicking the name of an application now takes you to a searchable page with RED metrics for each of the application’s services:
Cloning a Service Dashboard
You can now clone a service dashboard to:
- Add your own charts.
Remove, rearrange, or customize the RED metrics charts.
Note: For best results, use the V2 UI version for your dashboard display.
Improvements to v2 Dashboards and Charts
- Single-stat charts are now editable.
- Customize colors and other aspects of the chart.
- In the Drilldown Link tab, specify a target dashboard and optional values to pass into the dashboard. After you save your single-stat chart, users are directed to the target dashboard when they click the chart.
- We’ve made usability improvements based on customer feedback.
Real-Time Alerting Advanced Option
When you create or edit an alert, you can select the Real-Time Alerting evaluation strategy. By default, this option is unchecked to avoid spurious alert firings caused by delayed data. See Limiting the Effects of Data Delays for background info.