2018-06.x release highlights:
- Alert browser now shows last query time for alerts.
- Performance improvements.
- Additional improvements to Query Builder.
Alert Browser Shows Last Query Time
You can now see the last query time for each alert in a new column in the Alert Browser. The information is updated once an hour. This can help you find alerts that take a long time to run and fine tune those alerts.
This release includes changes that improve performance.
- Source Search. Source search is now noticeably faster.
- Search Limits. An entity search now returns a maximum of 1000 entities. You can use filters if you don’t see the entities you’re looking for. This change applies to both UI and API searches.
Default Sort. In previous versions of the product, you had to select a sorting strategy in the Sort box, which slowed down the display. You can now display browsers for alerts, dashboards, maintenance windows, and alert targets without a sorting strategy.
If a sorting strategy is currently selected, you can remove it by typing the URL of the page into your web browsers URL window. Here’s an example for the All Dashboards page: https://mywf.wavefront.com/dashboards
Query Builder Improvements
Some fine tuning of Query Builder:
- Automatic switch to Query Editor when users paste queries.
- Removal of confusing pulldown menus.