2017-40.x release highlights:
- New Source Browser
- New Source Detail page
- Tesla integration (Beta)
- Other improvements
New Source Browser
Wavefront 2017-40.x ships with a new Source Browser that allows you to examine the sources (hosts etc.) in your environment. Features include:
- Point rate spark-line charts for each source.
Source status info and ability to filter by status.
New Sources—New sources are marked with a New label on the source.
The Status column displays information about:
- Recent Metrics—Metrics received in the last 2 days.
- Obsolete—No metrics received in the last 4 weeks.
- Metrics Stopped—No metrics received for 2 days.
- Display of integrations that are associated with each source.
- Ability to search for sources that emit a specific metric.
Use API to Retrieve Obsolete Sources
You can use the source search API with the ~status.error tag to retrieve sources that have not reported a metric for more than 4 weeks.
New Source Detail Page
From the Source Browser, you can select a source and view its Source Details page, which includes the following information:
- Metrics point rate for the source.
- Alerts fired for the source.
- A tabbed display of:
- All metrics for the source, with a Filter Metrics option.
- All dashboards that include the source (refreshed daily).
- System usage for the source.
- Integrations associated with the source
Tesla Integration (Beta)
Do you own a Tesla? Wavefront can now collect metrics for your Tesla using the Tesla web API.
To try this new feature:
- Log in to your Wavefront account.
- Go to <your-wavefront-domain>.wavefront.com/extdata.
- Click Add Tesla Metrics on the left and supply the information about your Tesla account when prompted.
This new capability is introduced as a Beta feature in this release. In a following release we plan to introduce a new integration (in the Integrations page).
Try it out and let us know what you think!
The Wavefront 2017.40.x release includes the following additional changes.
- For Variable Details, increased maxlength from 20 to 64 characters.
- Alert metrics now populate more frequently. As a result, the alert metrics are more up to date.
- For integrations, the Metrics tab includes a source selector, which allows you to compare sources.